Wildlife Institute of India (WII): Recruitment 2017 www.wii.gov.in
Wildlife Institute of India (WII) has released a notification for the recruitment of eligible and skilled candidates for the positions of Project biologist, senior biologist, project associate, research biologist vacancies on contractual basis.
Wildlife Institute of India is an autonomous body of theministry of environment, forest and climate change, Government of India. There 59 available vacancies in the department for various posts. You may apply on or before 15th December 2017 till 5.00 pm if interested.
Visit the official website for further details on the notification or go on reading this article to know the eligibility criteria, age limits and many more details.
WII Recruitment 2017 Vacancy Details
The total number of vacancies are 59. The vacancies are distributed to several posts in the following manner.
- Project associate 02
- Senior biologist 05
- Research biologist (field component) 45
- Research biologist (GIS component) 02
- Research biologist (Genetics component) 03
- Project biologist 02
WII Recruitment 2017 Eligibility criteria
Candidates should not exceed the following age limits as on the last date of submission:
|Post 1:||UR||40 Years|
|Post 2:||UR||35 years|
| 38 years|
Post 3: B.E/B.TECH/M.SC (UR) 35 years
B.SC (UR) 28 years
M.SC 40 years
| B.SC (SC/ST women) 33 years|
M.sc 38 years
B.SC 31 years
Post 4, 5, 6: UR 35 Years
SC/ST/women 40 years
OBC 38 years
WII Recruitment 2017 Educational qualification:
Candidates should possess
- Doctorate degree in Biological Sciences or
- Sc. in Wildlife Sciences/ Zoology/ Botany / Life Sciences/ Forestry/ Environmental Science (Post 1).
- Sc. in Wildlife Science/ Botany/ Zoology/ Forestry/ Life Sciences/ Environmental Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Genetics for Post 2
- E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Wildlife Science/ Botany/Zoology/ Forestry/ Life Sciences/ Environmental Sciences/ Environmental Management/ Agricultural Sciences/ Veterinary Sciences for Post 3
- Sc/ M.Tech in Wildlife Science/ Life Sciences/ Forestry/ Environmental Science/ Applied Science/ Remote Sensing and GIS/ Post Graduate/ Diploma in Remote Sensing and GIS for Post 4.
- Sc/ M.Tech in Wildlife Science/ Genetics/ Biotechnology/ Bio sciences/ Botany/ Zoology/ Life Sciences for Post 5
- Sc. in Wildlife Science/ Botany/Zoology /Forestry/ Life Science/ Environmental Sciences/ GIS for post 6
Note: Candidate must have 55% of marks from a recognized University with relevant experience.
- Online qualifying examination
- Personal interview
Payment can be done through credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
Last date for application:
On or before 15.12.2017.
Online qualifying exam: 23.12.2017
Result of online test: By the end of December 2017
Personal interview (for post 1 to 5): 15 to 18.1.2018
Personal interview (for post 6): 19.1.2018
WII Recruitment 2017 – Walk in for Sr Project Fellow & Biologist Posts:
WII has released a notification for the recruitment of Senior Project Fellow & Senior Project Biologist vacancies for the project entitled “Supporting transboundary recovery in India and Nepal by extending activities in Nandhaur Wildlife Sanctuary, Uttarakhand” on acontractual basis. Interested candidates can walk-in on 04-12-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Vacancy details (Total: 03 posts)
Name of the Post Vacancies
SeniorProject Fellow 01post
Senior Project Biologist 02 posts
- Candidates age should not exceed 45 years as on date of interview.
- Upper age relaxation is applicable to SC/ ST/ OBC candidates as per the rules. Refer the official notification.
- Candidates should possess Master’s Degree in Environmental Science/ Forest Management/ Economics with Field Experience of 3 years for Post 1.
- Master’s Degree in Wildlife Science/ Wildlife Biology with field experience of minimum 2 years for Post 2.
- Job-seekers will be selected only on the basis of personal Interview.
How to Apply:
Applicants mustdirectly walk-in along with the application filled in with all the relevant information. All original documents/ certificates have to be made available at the time of registration for the necessary verification on 04-12-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Time : 11.00 am
Reporting Time: 09:30 AM
Walk in for the project fellow posts
Candidates who are interested in this post may walk-in with all the relevant documents and certificates on 28.11.17.
Total vacancies: 01
- Candidates age should not exceed 35 years as on date of interview.
- Age relaxation is applicable to SC/ St/ OBC candidates as per rules. Refer the official notification at the official website of WII.
- Candidates should possess Master’s degree in Life Sciences/ Wildlife Science/ Zoology/ Botany/ Forestry/ Ecology/ Environmental Sciences with 60% aggregated marks and above from a recognized university
Selection Process: Personal Interview.
Date: at 11:00 Hrs
Time of Interview: 28-11-2017
Reporting Time: 09:30 Hrs