JEE Main 2018 Notification: Eligibility, Application form, Exam dates, Exam pattern
JEE is an Indian entrance exam for engineering. JEE main 2018 applications have been started from 1st of December. Read on to know more about JEE Main 2018 eligibility criteria, application form, exam dates, and exam pattern.
JEE Main 2018 application form
JEE main 2018 application form has been released and before you start applying know what documents are needed to attach to the application form:
- Adhaar card
- Academic documents
- Valid mail ID
- Valid mobile number
- Credit/Debit card for fee payment
JEE Main 2018 Exam Dates
Events Exam Dates(Announced)
Release of Notification22ndNovember 2017
Start of Online Application 1stDecember 2017
Facility for Correcting Images 2ndweek of Dec2017
Enddate of Online Application 1stJanuary 2018
Last Date for Fee Payment 2ndJanuary 2018
Start of application correction 2nd half of Jan 2018
Availability of Admit Card 2ndweek of Mar2018
Date for offline exam(pen-based) 8th April 2018
Date for online exam 15th& 16th April 2018
Answer Key & OMR Availability 24th – 27th April 2018
Declaration of Result (Paper 1)/AIR rank & candidates eligible to appear in JEE Advanced: 30th April 2018
Declaration of AIR rank (paper 2) 31st May 2018
JEE Main syllabus 2018
- JEE Main syllabus for paper I include important chapters from Physics, chemistry, and mathematics taught in 11th and 12th standard of CBSE, ICSE & other boards
- Whereas paper 2 include Mathematics, aptitude test, and drawing.
New changes introduced
- Slot booking
- No added advantagefor 12th class marks
- Candidates must possess Adhaar card to fill in the application form
- Candidates must have at least 75% in higher secondary exams or must be in top 20 percentile in the class 12th exam conducted by respective boards in order to qualify for admission to IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs.
- Candidates from Meghalaya, J & K and Assam are excluded from this provision. Such candidates have to enter passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number to get examination center in these states only.
JEE Main application form 2018
- Online mode
- No printed copy
- Student must have Adhar card/Adhar enrolment number
- Require scanned images of photographs and signatures.
- Can download the acknowledgment page as a proof.
Application fee details
Papers Offline modeOnline mode
A B C D
For Examination Centres opted in India
Paper 1 or 2 1000 500 500 250
Paper 1 and 2 1800 900 1300 650
For Examination Centres opted in foreign country
Paper 1 or 2 2500 1250 2500 1250
Paper 1 and 2 3800 1900 3800 1900
Category A: General/OBCs (Boys)
Category B: SC/ST/PWD/all (Girls)
Category C: General/OBCs (Boys)
Category D: SC/ST/PWD/all (Girls)
- Payment can be done through debit/credit card or e-challan.
- Gst also applicable
- Born on or after 1st Oct 1993 are eligible.
- 5 years age relaxation is provided for sc/st/PWD candidates regarding the above age limit.
- Must pass 12th standard exam
- Physics and maths are compulsory in 12th.
- No minimum marks requirement in 12th standard.
- In case if candidate appeared the 12th examination in 2015 but not passed in 2015, passed in 2016 are also not eligible.
- Diploma holders may also apply for JEE Main 2018 but only eligible for admission to IITs.
Number of attempts: Three
For paper 1:
Course: Paper I for B.E/B.Tech admission
Exam mode: Online and offline
Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
No. of questions: 30 from each subject, totaling 90 questions for 360 marks.
Language: For all exam cities, the question paper medium choice will be English &Hindi(except exam center cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli where choices for question paper will be English, Hindi, and Gujarati). The language should be chosen while filling up the application form.
Exam duration: 3 hrs
Negative Marking: 1 mark
For paper 2:
Course: Paper 2 for B.Arch/B-planning
Exam Mode: Offline
No. of questions: 30 questions will be asked in Mathematics (Part-1), 50 questions in aptitude test (Part-2) and 2 questions in drawing comprising of 390 marks.
Type: Objective (except Drawing)
Language: same as above for paper-I
Negative Marking: 1 mark